Sunday, March 26, 2017

Dance of Parvati


Life is absolutely thrilling, sometimes a boring line from one source of entertainment to another; while evading all pitfalls on the way and sometimes a roller coaster ride bringing about experiences and events which make up the journey of one's own self discovery so unique. 
These are signs of intelligent design, not by an external factor to one's own understanding of oneself - but merely the self's consciousness taking on what one chooses (or blames) as one's fate and life. 


I have been blessed to become a father recently. The joy of feeling it is sublime. Did I expect it, I didnt but having said that - I welcomed it like a thirsty man finding refuge in an oasis. My soul mate, my love is surely the sign of female energy. While standing and consoling her during her delivery, I could only fathom how lucky I was to be with her seeing as events unfolded to give birth to our beautiful baby daughter. 



Lasya born on February 1st 2017 at 12:14 pm in mumbai's Jaslok hospital, was one of the moments which makes my life thrilling. To be a part of her coming to life. I felt that this was my life's culmination. 

Her eyes wide open as she looked at me and my mother in law. Born on the fruitful day of Basant Panchami - which is an old festival celebrating wisdom and knowledge represented by the beautiful solitary goddess Saraswati. My Lasya too was born to spread the much needed knowledge of the self; and in due time she will teach me and Neelam too the beauty and thrill of life through her presence. 


Now she is over 50 days younger, and her eyes are as big as usual; her hands and legs have started kicking in and she is extremely active when she is not crying or sleeping. She is able to recognize her mother's presence and make innovative sounds asking or speaking in her language. 

The beautiful princess was born with a head full of hair and within the last month and half her hair has grown even further - the more I look at my photos of when I was her age - the more I feel she looks like a beautiful wiser image of this self (which I call my own)


Lasya is a mature kiddo, even at this tender age she doesnt bug anyone until she wants to feed. She makes faces and looks inquisitively to one and all. She understands what is going on close to her and makes early attempts to crawl. She doesnt seem to enjoy her daily baths much but I personally feel thats because of the internse heat which has already started across India. 

I am looking much forward for the mother and daughter to come to Delhi in the next couple of weeks after her naam karan ceremony where hence i can start spending time to listen and love her like never before


Yes indeed, often life surprises us like never before. 9 months of gestation and voila you have a perfect replica of how god looks like to all of us, a beautiful innocent life which wants to attach to all around and spread innocent cheer. 



Lasya means the dance of parvathi, whilst Shiva dances his powerful and masculine Tandava, the beautful mother goddess dances a seductive and spiritual dance to show him the grace she beholds. My child Lasya (not mine in a possesive sense) will epitomize the beauty and grace which Lassyam brings forth. 


Indeed life is quirky, somedays so delightful and others a chore. There are ups and downs and so many spinning arounds that it is possible to get disillusioned with it all, hell I know I have felt like that many a decade by now. Indeed its difficult to see what we have and not compare; but truly each one of us is blessed. To hold something of a transitory and intangible experience in our hearts, processing it at the best we can with our minds and imprinting the bhava in our souls. 
Yes the beautiful goddess has come to teach us all lessons in experience. I will keep my mouth closed and my heart open to experience what life through her eyes and life will mean. 

Delightful and so beautiful - pray that thy life be always filled with love and grace! 

Peace and Joy

No comments:

Ode to Humanity

I am not a big fan of human kind, the version of life that in today’s day seems to be only focused upon itself. The day’s pass and humans ...