Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Calling Out


Lifeless on the floor
and i know i have never felt this before
but still something tells me within my skull
that the numbness which i felt so long ago
has returned to haunt me to cause my mind to finally dull

how long shall i keep lying to myself
that my life had some deep purpose to it
the only time i felt good was when i imagined
that i never existed

there must be some great sickness here
to make us all feel the same way
all the time we wage war against ourselves
as if there was no one else

this is the ecstatic in the tragic
the sweetness in the numb
the feeling of being lost in wilderness
and yet longing for an eternal home

No comments:

Ode to Humanity

I am not a big fan of human kind, the version of life that in today’s day seems to be only focused upon itself. The day’s pass and humans ...